Thursday, October 16, 2014

When you go to school you have one reason, just to get a piece of paper after the long gruesome 12 years all you receive is a piece of paper. It should not come down to just getting a piece of paper and sending you into the real world. When you graduate from high school most of us don't have a clue as to what we want to be in life and we need help figuring it out. I think college is important, but why waste the time trying to find out things you want to do in college when you could just spend a little time exploring before college and try out different careers. When people finally make a decision on what they would like to be they would have a little bit more hands-on experience rather than just reading about it in a text book and doing assignments on it. When I go to college I plan on going to Central Michigan University and get a degree in communications. I've already practiced my career I would like to follow which is photojournalism, which would require me to travel the world while taking photographs and writing about what I feel and see. I've always enjoyed photography and I love to travel so it seems like the perfect job. After getting a degree (another piece of paper that takes me years to receive) I plan to join the Coast Guard and practice photography and maybe be a pilot. All of these plans require you to go to twelve years of school, and countless more after that which nobody enjoys doing but I do admit, it's for the best.  After I have been in the Coast Guard for a while then my hopes are to get a job with National Geographic and travel to every country in the world.


Since I was little my only dream that I still have to this day is traveling the world still to this day I have that same dream and I plan to do it after I graduate college. If only there was a degree for traveling the world and getting payed for it I would be one happy camper.

4 comments:

  1. I used to go to a school owned by Central Michigan University, great school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandparents live by CMU so if you ever want to chill i totally would never be down to do that

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin goes to CMU and she loves it up there. It sounds like a really fun school.

    ReplyDelete